The unique and innovative XNAPS plasmid endofree flexspin kit provides a highly flexible, fast, simple, and efficient method for isolating transfection grade plasmid from mini (1 ml) to maxi (150 ml) volumes of bacterial culture. The system integrates a modified alkaline lysis procedure, removal of endotoxin from plasmid, and an innovative chromatographic absorbent resin which preferentially binds DNA in a whole system. The kit combines the rapidity and simplicity of spin column method with the flexibility of batch processing for plasmid DNA purification. The novel procedure provided by the kit eliminates many disadvantages, such as time-consuming, toxic components, low yield, from other commercial kits.
The purified transfection grade plasmid DNA is ready to use in various downstream applications, such as PCR, restriction enzyme digestion, labeling, sequencing, transformation, transfection, and in vitro transcription/translation.
1. Endotoxin free: <0.1EU/ ¦Ìg of purified plasmid.
2. Speed: Depending on the culture volume, all the processing steps can be completed within 30-60 minutes.
3. High flexibility: The kit can be used efficiently from small culture volume (1-5 ml) to midi volume (50 ml), even to maxi volume(150 ml).
4. High yield and purity: Up to 30-500 ¦Ìg of high-copy plasmid with a ratio of OD260/OD280 > 1.8 can be extracted from 3-150 ml bacterial culture.
5. Safety for handling, shipping and storage: No phenol extraction, no ethanol precipitation, no toxic chaotropic salts are necessary.
6. The kit contains enough reagents for 50 minipreps, or 12 midipreps, or 5 maxipreps.